A few years ago, you may have heard about MyHeritage purchasing several different websites, one of which being World Vital Records. Now that World Vital Records is no more, our library has made the transition to provide MyHeritage Library Edition for free from home to Fountaindale Public Library District patrons for one year, and we want your feedback!
What can you find on MyHeritage Library Edition? Here’s a quick list of what the site provides.
- More than 6 billion historical records from the United States, Europe, Latin America, and other regions
- The full USA federal census (1790-1940) with images
- Census of England and Wales (1841-1901) with images
- 2 billion exclusive family tree profiles from MyHeritage and Geni
- 816 million US public records
- Hundreds of millions of European records
- More than 100 million gravestone photos
- More than 80 million historical photographs
- Military records, immigration records and passenger lists
- Citizenship & naturalization records
- Directories, guides, references, biographies and yearbooks
- Government, land and court records
- Wills and probate records
- Exclusive databases
- Additional content under license including Tributes obituaries, WikiTree, BillionGraves, Canadian Headstones and many others
- New collections containing millions of records added monthly
What’s the difference between an individual MyHeritage subscription and MyHeritage Library Edition? The two big exclusions right now is the lack of access to NewspaperARCHIVE and a collection of genealogy and local history books from Genealogical Publishing Company.
You can access MyHeritage for free from home with your Fountaindale Public Library Card. Visit our eResources page, and use the ‘Category’ drop-down menu for ‘Genealogy, History, and Culture. All our genealogy resources and databases are in alphabetical order.
Give MyHeritage Library edition a try today, and let us know down in the comments section what you like or dislike about the site. If you’re too shy to leave a comment, you can send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking Forward to Hearing From You!