The Fountaindale Public Library District and the Plainfield Public Library District are hosting “Irish Genealogy: Resources for Success!” – a full day Irish genealogy workshop with the Ulster Historical Foundation on Wednesday,March 16, 2016 from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Fountaindale Public Library, 300 W. Briarcliff Road in Bolingbrook, IL.
- Introduction to Irish and Scots-Irish Family History Research (Part 1) (9:30-10:15)
- Introduction to Irish and Scots-Irish Family History Research (Part 2) (10:15– 11:00)
- Using Land Records: Griffith’s Valuation, Tithe and Estate Records (11:30-12:30)
- LUNCH (12:30–1:30)
- Census Substitutes and other Important Sources for the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries: Strategies for Success (1:30-2:30)
- Records Related to the Different Churches in Ireland (2:30-3:30)
- Sources for Finding Seventeenth Century Families in Ireland – (3:45–4:15)
- Q&A (4:15–4:30)
Can’t attend the presentation in person? No problem! The program will be available for free as a streaming webinar on YouTube! (Details to follow!)
Participants will enjoy light snacks, handouts, door prizes, and the opportunity to purchase Ulster Historical Society books during the program. Participants are asked to bring a brown bag lunch or to pre-order a box lunch from Brooks Cafe.
The program is free, however space is limited to 75 participants and walk-in registration may not be available. Reserve your space in the program online or call the Fountaindale Public Library 3rd Floor Reference Desk at (630) 685-4176.
The Ulster Historical Foundation will be making a stop at the Newberry Library on Thursday, March 10, 2016 during their North American Genealogical Lecture Tour. For more details on the Newberry Library program, please call (312) 255-3700.